Saturday, November 26, 2005

The FBI and CIA Don't Want to Talk To You

AT-RISK SYSTEMS:
PRIORITY: MODERATE

I'm getting occasional messages accusing me of going to illegal Web sites. They're supposedly from the FBI. Some are also from the CIA. Wow! Don't panic, visiting the Signal won't get you 20 to life.

I hope everybody realizes that they are fraudulent. If the FBI catches you doing something illegal, I doubt it will send you an email. Nonetheless, I'm seeing AV corporations swarmed from people who are trying to comply with the spam.

This email carries the Sober worm. It disables security settings on victims' computers. It also finds email addresses on the victims' computers and mails itself to everyone. That's why there's so much of this crud out there. For more Sober information and removal instructions, visit Symantec.

Don't open spam. Don't read it. And don't open attachments. Just delete the stuff. And keep your AV software up-to-date.